Sunday, July 20, 2008

random mentions.

first, i would like to ask for prayer for me and my family. we are dealing with many issues, one of which being the decision about whether or not to put my grandmother in a nursing home. my grandmother (grandmere, as we call her) is one of my favorite people in the world and it breaks my heart to think of her in a nursing home. she has lived with us since ninth grade, but with my mother working full time and not having daughters around the house to assist, a nursing home may be the only answer. i've heard that people in nursing homes sometimes do not live long, and that's my biggest fear. plus, it is a financial issue we did not expect.

speaking of finances, we are having a tough time dealing with financial things and making sure my education will be paid for for me to graduate. i keep thinking about abraham and the sacrifice of his son and how, in the narrative, as soon as he was willing to give it all (namely, his son), what would have been a land that reminded him of the death of his son and sincere grief, was transformed into what is called "the land of the Lord will provide." i am faithfully awaiting the transformation of the worrysome soil i stand on to being "the land of the Lord will provide."

regardless of anything, thanks be to God.

ps: a silly question for those of you with mad blogspot skills. how do i put links on the right hand side of the screen? i'd like to blog some of my readers that i know about, as well as sites i enjoy. any help is appreciated. thanks. :)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

will be praying. and to answer your question, go to your "dashboard" and click on layout. Then click on "add page element." then "link list."

diane said...

You are welcome to link to my blog...no worries. I haven't been writing much these last few weeks with summer time and goodness all around me!