Sunday, May 10, 2009

the chronicles of crazy -- health.

hey guys,

i took my first zoloft today and we're just going to see how this goes. i chose to start this medication while i was still in the troy/montgomery area so that i would be in an environment i am used to, so that i guess my body didn't go through any out of the ordinary shock that resulted in negative side effects from the medicine. i know it takes a month or two to kick in, but i figure the side effects can probably kick in immediately, so i'm going to closely monitor how i feel in the coming weeks. today, i felt fine, though really tired, which could have simply been the two benadryl i took the previous night around midnight due to allergies.

anyway, i'm continuing talk therapy once i get back in troy, but am going to do that alongside zoloft so that if anything negative happens my therapist/doctor is close by to respond to my reactions.

generally speaking, i look forward to maybe getting back some of the chemical balance that i think my mind lacks. furthermore, i don't know if i blogged this or not, but my blood work said i was anemic, so i started an iron supplement last night. i'm very positive about regaining my mental and physical health.

as always, keep me in your prayers/thoughts and remember -- it takes someone strong to get help, so don't hesitate to do so if you think you need it. almost every single day i feel crazy for feeling the way i do and for needing help, but i quickly realize how crazy i would be to refuse help and try to figure myself out completely. best wishes to each and every one of you that needs help -- you're human, and i applaud you for who you are and the strength you have. :)

blessings,
erin

No comments: